Saturday, August 7, 2010

7 Fish

For my next Le Chef Moses dinner series, I decided to go with the concept of 7 fish which are some of my favorites. I wanted to create a variety of dishes around the following 7 fish chosen after careful deliberation: sea bass, grouper, tuna, tilapia, Mangrove snapper, Salmon, Red Snapper.
 I conducted an experiment by asking my friends including some chefs to send in varieties of menus around fish, the response was great and I selected the top 7 which some are my signature fish dishes.
This will be my attempt to create a perfect blend of fish cuisines, sauces, fruits, spices and vegetables, staying true to a vision of sexiness that will serenade the palettes of my guests for the upcoming August dinner event.
From my travels around the world and through 3 continents and various countries, I have discovered that you have to make food in the simplest and purest forms with spices and fruits that will put a smile on someone’s face. When I cook I envision the people who are going to taste food, what will their reaction be to mixture of spices and fruits, the various sauces without even tasting what I cook, I can picture the moaning, the smiles, the “OH MY GOD” statements, if I can get those reactions, it will be a successful dinner.
People often asked me about cooking and what I think about? Well for me it’s an art form, a journey into life and all its imperfections, a journey into happiness. I think about a beautiful lady, often my LADY, Brie, her sexiness and curves, the way she smiles, the way she walks and imagine how sexy most ladies are. That vision of beauty, sex, curves then becomes the ingredients for my cooking and recipes. I experiment and make up recipes with no cookbooks and I don’t write anything down, I have most of my recipes in my head afraid to write it down as it’s not been perfected.
So when I retire into my kitchen, I am in Zen like state with my ingredients and the kitchen, a place of relaxation, happiness and peace, so when I cook I think of a SEXY LADY…
The seven fish mentioned above will transform into menus that will describe my vision or the way I see a sexy lady. Its 4.30am flew in from San Francisco at 1am and I have insomnia, two shots of patron later, it’s time to hit the sack.
FOOD FUN LOVE & PEACE!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment